Thursday, July 26, 2012

With Pain Came Reality

This morning I woke to the sound of my apartment buildings fire alarm. I quickly got up, grabbed a few things, threw something on and then down the stairs I went. Thankfully it was a small fire in the trash room and nobody was hurt.

THE PAIN - I live on the 11th floor. When it was ok to return to my apartment the elevators were not operational again yet. Do see where I'm going with this? Yes, I had to walk up 11 flights to get back to my apartment.  I was st out of breathe after the first 2 flights. By the end my legs were jello.

THE REALITY - I am super out of shape. I hated the way I felt by the time I got to my apartment. I knew it would be difficult but not that much. It's been 3 hours and I'm not fully recovered. This is bad.

I've been depressed lately and I may talk about that in a future post, but the depression has made it difficult to change my habits as much as I needed to. This was a huge wake up call for me. I need to get healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment