Friday, July 6, 2012

When Family is Making Changes Too

As I've mentioned in previous post I've been struggling with getting started. When ever possible I do make better choices, but I had  no support from family and friends. Well today I emailed one of my cousins about exercising and eating well and she encourages me then points out the importance of what I eat. She first suggests taking it slow by first eating smaller portions then switch unhealthy foods with healthier foods. What really excited me is that she said eat low carb. She didn't mention specifics, but knowing she was on the same path as I was is encouraging. Someone I know who is following the same healthy choices as I am.

Later today I was speaking with my sister in law. She told me that my brother lost 10lbs in 4 days. At first I was like what? He make me sick losing weight so easy, but I asked what did he do. Same thing eating low carb. She emailed me the plan, but I haven't looked at it. After I take a look at it I will comment. My sister in law lost 30lbs in a month following this plan. I believe in lifestyle changes. I am not looking for a quick fix. It helps to find people who are going through the same things as you and find success. I want to only share what I believe to be doable lifestyle changes and not quick fixes. With that said I am happy for my family for making positive changes to better their lives and to find support. Support is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment